Lives and works in Ghent and Hasselt (BE)
PhD research in the arts into the expressive potential of presentation within contemporary art jewellery practice (2015 -2019, Hasselt University and PXL – MAD School of Arts, Hasselt (BE), within research group MANUFrACTURE).
2014 – 2015
- Postgraduate Curatorial Studies,School of Arts, Ghent (BE)
2013 – 2014
- Master Object & Jewellery Design, PXL – MAD School of Arts, Hasselt (BE)
2010 – 2013
- Bachelor Object & Jewellery Design, PXL – MAD School of Arts, Hasselt (BE)
- Chrysalis, window display project, Beyond Fashion 3m2 Project Room, Antwerp (BE), 23.04 – 3.06.2017
- Winter Garden, window display project, Beyond Fashion 3m2 Project Room, Antwerp (BE), 26.01 – 11.03.2017
- Round Table #1: Screens for Jewellery, open group conversation concerning window display, (moving) images and digital and online presentations for jewellery, in collaboration with Galerie Beyond, Antwerp (BE), 26.01.2017
- Round Table #2 (more information soon!) April 2017, in collaboration with Galerie Beyond, Antwerp (BE)
- Belgians and Swedes, Galerie Beyond, Antwerp (BE), 29.01 – 12.03.2017
- PIKOH goes MAD, Provinciale Kunsthumaniora Hasselt in collaboration with PXL-MAD School of Arts (BE), 9.02 – 10.03.2017
- Swedes and Belgian Blues, Four, Gothenburg (SE), 2.09 – 1.10.2016
- The best of 10 years Object & Jewellery/PXL-MAD School of Arts, Fashion Museum Hasselt (Be), 5.02.16 – 6.03.16
- Audio Guide, made by No Performance Please. for The Image Generator, Extra City Kunsthal, Antwerp (BE), 5.02 – 28.02.2016
- Fifteen years of jewelry, Beyond Fashion, Antwerp (BE) 3.12.15 – 23.01.16
- Looking for the in-between, Toegepast 20, Cultuurplatform Design and Z33, Hasselt (BE), 21.11.15 – 6.03.16
- Transmission, curated by Sebastien Carré with the the help of Marianne Gassier, Studio 411 Galerie, Montpellier (FR), 20.10 – 12.12
- David Huycke & students: best of 10 years MAD – Faculty, Deutsches Goldschmiedehaus, Hanau (DE), 4.10.2015 – 17.01.2016
- Pheromone, Ah-won gallery, Seoul (KR), 8.07 – 17.07
- Wearables for the Home, Beyond Fashion, Antwerp (BE), 30.04 – 27.06
- The best of, Beyond Fashion, Antwerp (BE), 12.03 – 25.04
- Talente 2015, during the International Trade Fair for the Skilled Trades, Munich, (DE), 11.03 – 17.03
- CONTAINERS in context, Beyond Fashion, Antwerp (BE), 4.12.2014 – 24.01.2015 (solo show)
- W/O – We are the next generation, Week van het Ontwerpen, BUDAfabriek, Courtrai, (BE), 17.10 – 26.10
- Marzee Graduate Show, Galerie Marzee, Nijmegen (NL), 17.08 – 26.10
- Zilvertalenten 14, Zilvermuseum, Antwerp (BE), 4.07 – 24.07
- EXIT/14, Thor Park, Genk, (BE), 21.06 – 22.06
- Et Luxuria Sancta, Hospitaalkerk, Ninove (BE), 10.05 – 8.06
- Experience Ooga Booga, in collaboration with Current Obsession magazine and Inspiragency, Studio 47, Amsterdam (NL), 19.12.15.
- No Performance Please. Concerning the impossibility of excluding performances.
- Part I, SOIL collective, curated by Tebeac, These Things Take Time, Ghent (BE) 24.06 – 28.06
- Part II, Rosa Sijben, curated by Tebeac, BUDA Arts Centre, Courtrai (BE) 4.07 – 19.07
- MAD-talks. A lecture series by researchers and teachers of the Object & Jewellery department, PXL-MAD, Hasselt (BE) 26.02.2016, Munich Jewellery Week, conference Room Galerie Handwerk, Munich (DE).
- Extra City Kunsthal, Antwerp (BE), 2.02 – 27.02
- Galerie Marzee, Nijmegen (NL), 1.07 – 31.08
Masterclasses and workshops
- Selfie Now, a workshop by Ruudt Peters, Ravenstein (NL), 22.08 – 28.08
- Exhibitionism(s) with Benjamin Lignel, Sint-Lucas, Antwerp (BE), 24.03 – 28.03
- J-Lines with Gésine Hackenberg, PXL – MAD School of Arts, Hasselt (BE)
- Attraction/Repulsion with Märta Mattson, PXL – MAD School of Arts, Hasselt (BE)
2011 – 2013
- Connecting Identities, a collaboration project with the BA of Central Saint Martins College of Art and Design, London, United Kingdom (Caroline Broadhead), Saimaa University if Applied Sciences, Imatra, Finland (Nelli Tanner), Academy of Fine Arts and Design, Bratislava, Slovakia (Karol Weisslechner), Konstfack University College of Arts, Crafts and Design, Stockholm, Sweden (Karen Pontoppidan), Fachhochschule Düsseldorf University of Applied Sciences, Düsseldorf, Germany (Herman Hermsen) and Object & Jewellery Design, Hasselt, Belgium (Dr. Karen Wuytens)
- Teaching assignment within the context of my PhD, 2nd Bachelor, Object & Jewellery, PXL-MAD, Hasselt (BE), April – June 2017.
- Teaching assignment within the context of my PhD, 2nd Bachelor, Object & Jewellery, PXL-MAD, Hasselt (BE), April – June 2016.
- Jurymember for the preselections of Kunstbende(category: fashion), CC de Bogaard, Sint-Truiden (BE), 5.03
- Jurymember for the preselections of Kunstbende(category: fashion), CC de Bogaard, Sint-Truiden (BE), Belgium, 28.02
- ART JEWELRY FORUM (2015) Shows and Tales. On Jewelry exhibition making. California: Art Jewelry Forum, p. 79 – 83. (MAD about SCHMUCK)
- ATKINS, L. (2014) International Graduate Show 2014. Marzee Magazine94 (August– October 2014), p. 8
- DE SCHAUVRE, C. (2014) MAD about SCHMUCK, Kwintessens, 23 (2), p.88
- D!NG magazine Three year anniversary issuehttps://issuu.com/ddyeux/docs/anniversery_issue_3_pages
- ESTRADA, N. (2016) New Necklaces: 400 designs in contemporary jewellery. Barcelona: Promopress. P. 64
- HERMSEN, H. en MAAS, B. (2012) Connecting Identities. (Catalogue for a travelling exhibition). Düsseldorf: Düsseldorf University of Applied Sciences.
- KWINTESSENS 2014), Makers. Kwintessens, 23 (3), p. 111.
- Machteld Lambeets (Craft! – Ädellab) in conversation with Anneleen Swillen (2015) In: Craft! Konstfack Degree Exhibition 2016, 34 – 35.
- PXL – MAD School of Arts (2014) EXIT/14 (catalogue for the exhibition EXIT/14 at Thor Park, Genk (BE), 20.06 – 22.06. 2014). Opglabbeek: Drukkerij Paesen.
- MALEV, D. (2017) To the point. Pin mechanisms and brooch back design. Leipzig: Edition Winterwork. 134 – 135, and 138.
- Transmission (catalogue published on the occasion of the exhibition Transmission at Galerie Studio 411, Montpellier (FR), 20.10 – 12.12.2015). Montpellier: Studio 411
- ZILVERTALENTEN (2014) Zilvertalenten 2014. (Catalogue for the exhibition Zilvertalenten at Zilvermuseum 4.07 tot 24.07 2014) Zilvermuseum.
- TEBEAC (2015) No Performance Please. Concerning the impossibility of excluding performance. Nederland: Pumbo